5.13.2010

My plan to spend $0.00 this week has been going quite well.

This is working for a number of reasons.

1. Tell People.
Ever since I've made it public that I'm trying to save money (instead of feeling embarrassed by it), it has been going much more smoothly. It seems that when my friends know I'm trying not to spend money they don't ask me to go out very often. Also, now that they know I have no money, I don't feel weird telling them I'm broke.

2. Visit Family
If you have great family like mine, visiting is a great way to save money. If you live close, you can go home for weekly family home cooked meals (which are always better than going out) or you can visit for a weekend, like I'm doing now, and spend virtually nothing. Every time I go home my parents buy my dinners and they entertain me so I don't feel the need to go spend money on movies or clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment