4.12.2010

After my too high credit card statements, my parents decided to put $400.00 in my account on the first of each month.

If this sounds familiar, reading this post might be extremely helpful.

If you get an 'allowance' each month, the best thing to do first is calculate exactly how much money you are making per day.

For example, I make $13.33/day. (400/30=13.3333)

Today is the 12th of April. (This is the 1st month I have been given the $400.00) I have $55.70 left in my bank account (plus a $50 Easter check that I still have to deposit). Coming out to approximately $105 for the next 18 days. So $5.83/day for the rest of the month.

At the end of each month, I put what is left of my $400.00 into my savings account in order to build it up again.

I think this is a great way to manage money especially if you are on a budget.

The next few posts will be about budgeting and setting goals so keep an eye out for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment