4.29.2010

Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter. Oh how I love thee.

I have decided that from now on I am going to buy my groceries at Harris Teeter instead of Walmart.

Why? you ask.

Two reasons:
1. They offer a free 'membership' program (The VIC card) that gives you discounts and coupons for shopping with them.
2. They also offer a 10% student discount.

Today I save $8.00 on a $60.00 purchase just for being a student.

Could I have done that at walmart? NO.

At walmart, on average, each product costs me about $2.50-$3.00. Today I purchased 22 items. At walmart that would have ran me about $66.00, however today I only paid $52.00.



Another wonderful feature of Harris Teeter is, on certain days, they will double or even triple manufacturers coupons. Again, walmart will not do this.

I have not yet gotten into the habbit of clipping, saving, and using coupons but I know a woman who goes to the store, shops for an hour, checks out at the register, and by the end of it (after using every coupon she can) Harris Teeter ends up owing her about $5.00.

I want to be that woman!

2 Comments:

  1. Rachel Hodges said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Rachel @ run50states said...
    That is an awesome goal in life, to be that woman! I've also started to shop at Harris Teeter more than Lowes. I figure the discounts with their cards are probably roughly the same, but than with the student discount at HT I'm probably saving more. :)

Post a Comment