3.29.2010

Under this topic Hamm writes "unused objects and items merely saved for 'someday' or for faint nostalgic reasons not only make your home or office appear cluttered ... but also contain within them value that you're not using elsewhere."

A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I drove to Greensboro to visit my parents for my sisters birthday & while I was there I gave them some things I never use: a large plastic box filled with things I've forgotten about, a pink chair, and old teddy bears. With the nagging help of my future roommate (who said I wasn't allowed to move in without getting rid of it) I threw away a 'broken-but-repaired' wavy CD rack, but I still have a lot of things that are not worth anything execpt maybe worth getting rid of. Lets make a list:

Items To Let Go Of
$. Cosmopolitan Magazine Collection
$. Glass Jar full of Shells
$. Candle Collection
$. Koozie Collection
$. Blow Up Dice
$. Scrapbooking Bag & Goodies
$. Holiday Decorations
$. Art Supplies
$. Used Envelopes
$. Bag full of Random Office Supplies
$. Shoeboxes/Storage Bins (unused)
$. Old School Books
$. Old Bookbags/Purses
$. Computer Speakers
$. DVD Burner
$. My PJ's
$. Cute Used Gift Bag Collection

After I move out I will update everyone on what I was actually able to get rid of.

I think that pack-rat runs in my genes. I need help. Does anyone have any advice for letting go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment